Ingredients for Cooking Turkey with Potatoes
- Hip turkey 2 pieces
- Turkey leg 3 pieces
- Olive oil optional
- Unsalted butter 6 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Spices for poultry to taste
- Potato (small size) 800-900 grams
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Turkey
Baking tray, paper towel, knife, foil.
Step 1: prepare the turkey.
Turkey meat should be thawed and washed well.
Dry your hips and lower legs with paper towels.
Insert a finger under the skin of each of the parts, gently separating the skin from the meat. And in the resulting pocket, put a piece of soft butter. Salt and pepper. Lay turkey slices on a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil and sprinkle with seasoning for poultry.
Step 2: bake the turkey.
Cover the baking sheet with turkey foil and send everything to bake in preheated until 175 degrees the oven.
Bake for an hour, and then remove the baking tray with the turkey from the oven and pour the juice that has accumulated on the baking sheet over the hips and lower legs. Just spoon and pour on top.
Step 3: add the potatoes.
Rinse the potatoes thoroughly and dry them with towels, cut them into halves and put them in a baking tray for the turkey, mixed with the juice left at the bottom.
Salt and pepper the potatoes.
Step 4: bake a turkey with potatoes.
And send everything into the oven already without foil, continue to bake more 40-60 minuteswatering potatoes and turkey juice from the bottom every 15-20 minutes.
Bake until the potatoes are soft inside and crispy on the outside, just like a turkey.
Step 5: serve the turkey with potatoes.
Before serving the turkey with potatoes, let it rest outside the oven for about 15 minutes. And then put everything beautifully on a plate, decorate with greens and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
- Use the spices for poultry either that you usually add to the chicken, or a ready-made seasoning mixture, one of those that can be found on the shelves of the nearest store.
- If you are going to serve a turkey with potatoes not immediately, when you get it out of the oven, cover with foil. The foil will keep the dish warm for quite some time, so your guests will get a fragrant and hot like a freshly prepared dish.